For many years, a key part of our business model has been to implement good design underpinned by sustainability to develop our buildings. We believe this approach helps us deliver more inherently sustainable spaces, which are not only attractive to occupy but also efficient to operate.
Our principal business objective is to deliver above average long-term returns to our shareholders, while delivering benefits for all our other stakeholders, by providing well-designed, mid-market office space in central London. In delivering this we must recognise that our business activities are responsible, both directly and indirectly, for a variety of economic, social and environmental benefits and impacts. Therefore, it is important we manage our business in such a way that we enhance the positive and minimise the negative impacts, whilst ensuring we maximise value for all our stakeholders.
To assist us in demonstrating and delivering a responsible approach to managing our business we have identified seven long term priorities, which are fundamental to our business and to the needs of our stakeholders, these are:
1. Designing & delivering buildings responsibly
2. Managing our assets responsibly
3. Creating value in the community and for our wider stakeholders
4. Engaging & developing our employees
5. Setting the highest standards of health and safety
6. Protecting human rights
7. Setting the highest standards of corporate governance